Ukraine's Least Terrible Option
It is with low expectations that German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Francois Hollande have gone to Moscow to secure a settlement for eastern Ukraine. And rightly so, because compromise in this conflict is obstructed by a hard historical truth: Both sides know that once Russian troops have established control over a piece of neighboring territory, it is lost for good.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- 'Gaydar' Shows How Creepy Algorithms Can Get
- Trump, Presidential? Steph Curry Knows Better.
- The NFL Can't Afford to Become a Battleground
- Can We Stop Calling It a 'Muslim Ban' Now?
- In NFL Fight, Trump Embraces Political Correctness
- Dial Down the National Anthem at Sporting Events
- More Sanctions, Fewer Insults Against North Korea