Greece's Debt Plan Is a Hidden Haircut
The new Greek government has offered the world a tantalizing glimpse of the debt restructuring plan it wants its European creditors to accept. It contains no outright haircut, but it appears to involve a restructuring of Greek bonds into a collection of exotic instruments with loose repayment terms. If this is all Syriza wants, it has blinked first. But its game of chicken with Germany has barely started.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Numbers Are Really, Really Bad
- Has Trump Fixed the 'Worst Deal Ever'? Kinda, Sorta
- The Long-Term Stock Exchange Is Worth a Shot
- Authoritarian Cryptocurrencies Are Coming
- North Korea Is Playing a Longer Game Than the U.S.
- California Can't Make Trump an Ethical President
- Why Weinstein Held On For So Long and Fell So Fast