Read Stuff, You Should: Obama's Foreign Policy
Happy Birthday to Christian Bale, 41. I’m not a big fan of the "Dark Knight" movies, but he was in one of my favorite movies ever, Branagh’s "Henry V."
Gets us to the good stuff:
1. Barbara Mellers and Michael C. Horowitz at the Monkey Cage on geopolitical predictions.
2. “The idea that candidates should forge direct relationships with the electorate, without parties as intermediaries, sounds good but has produced perverse results.” That’s Julia Azari on money, politics, the Progressives and Scott Walker.
3. Derek Willis at the Upshot on where the political ads are.
4. Veteran Romney watcher David S. Bernstein on Mitt and authenticity.
5. Good overview of President Barack Obama's bad-but-could-be-so-much-worse record on foreign policy, from Andrew Bacevich at the American Conservative.
6. Perry Bacon at NBC News has been doing great reporting on the invisible primary; here he is on how party actors think Hillary Clinton should run.
7. And Megan McArdle here at View on generations getting richer.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor on this story:
Max Berley at firstname.lastname@example.org
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.