Read Stuff, You Should: The Republican Top Tier
Happy birthday to Angel Berroa, 37.
More and more of the good stuff:
1. John Sides at the Monkey Cage reports on new research about women in politics, and what might be keeping them from running for office.
2. Shouldn’t be necessary to say it, but: Economic depressions are really bad. Jonathan Ladd at Mischiefs of Faction makes the important points.
3. FHQ’s Josh Putnam reassures us that the New Hampshire primary is safe.
4. National Review’s Jim Geraghty argues that the Republican presidential top tier is Scott Walker, Marco Rubio, Rick Perry and Bobby Jindal. Plausible.
5. Does Walker have a foreign policy platform? Dan Larison, at The American Conservative, isn’t impressed.
6. Stan Collender at Forbes has all the reasons that reconciliation is no magic bullet for Republicans seeking an Obamacare repeal. Good points, though I suspect Republicans could overcome a lot of these barriers -- but not the one in the Oval Office.
7. And at HuffPollster, Mark Blumenthal, Ariel Edwards-Levy, and Janie Velencia look at what matters and what doesn’t in early 2016 polling.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor on this story:
Max Berley at email@example.com