Barbie Isn't Dead Yet
Mattel Chief Executive Officer Bryan Stockton resigned yesterday after a five-quarter sales slump and three years of flagging sales of the company's best-known brand, Barbie. It is, however, definitely not the end of the Barbie phenomenon, or, at any rate, of what Barbie stands for: an unattainable ideal of princess-like femininity that is all about looks, not brains. I would know -- I have a 4-year-old daughter.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's 'Fake News Awards' Have a Sinister Subtext
- Not Even Trump Can Obliterate America's Soft Power
- Donald Trump's Incomparable Approval Ratings
- The Overlooked Economics of Trump's Tax Law
- The Picture Gets a Little Darker for Republicans
- Amazon's Utterly Predictable Game of Musical Chairs
- Republicans Are Barely Trying to Avoid a Shutdown