Ukraine's About to Embarrass Some Investors
Bond guru Michael Hasenstab has probably made the most embarrassing mistake of his stellar career. Ukraine, on whose bonds he made a risky bet while President Viktor Yanukovych was still in power, is beginning to talk to international creditors about restructuring its foreign debt. The negotiations will be tricky, and even if the Ukrainian government makes its inevitable default relatively painless, Hasenstab stands to lose significant money on his investment.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- 'Gaydar' Shows How Creepy Algorithms Can Get
- Trump, Presidential? Steph Curry Knows Better.
- The NFL Can't Afford to Become a Battleground
- Can We Stop Calling It a 'Muslim Ban' Now?
- In NFL Fight, Trump Embraces Political Correctness
- Dial Down the National Anthem at Sporting Events
- More Sanctions, Fewer Insults Against North Korea