SkyMall's Crash Landing
Your one-stop shop for Lord of the Rings memorabilia, pet ramps, and snake-oil baldness cures is no more. Skymall, the catalog that for years filled the long minutes between takeoff, and permission to turn on your electronic devices, has suspended its catalog, fired almost 50 employees, and filed for bankruptcy. The reason? Apparently, the Federal Aviation Administration's recent decision to let people use small electronic devices during takeoff and landing. Without its captive audience, the catalog couldn't do enough business to survive.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- We Didn't Normalize Trump. We Normalized the Left's Violence.
- Ignore the Bombast. Trump Gave a Conventional Speech
- Trump Strikes a False Note at the United Nations
- Republicans Peddle Nonsense to Sell Health-Care Plan
- What We Still Don't Know About Obama-Era 'Unmasking'
- Why Workers Are Losing to Capitalists
- The Consequences of the U.S. Baby Bust