Will Deflation Make You Naked, Homeless and Hungry?
Steve Stanek is typical of the readers who've peppered my inbox in recent weeks on the topic of deflation. "I cannot understand why deflation is viewed as worse than inflation," writes the 59-year old corporate communications consultant, who lives in Illinois. "Inflation rewards borrowers and punishes savers and people on fixed incomes. Deflation rewards savers and people on fixed incomes and punishes borrowers. I'm tired of being on the losing team because I've been frugal, instead of a borrowing spendthrift."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This Tax Bill Is a Trillion-Dollar Blunder
- Thank Goodness for Donald Trump
- How Gavin Newsom Got to Be a Front-Runner
- Trump Could Actually Make Democracy Great Again. Don't Scoff.
- Don't Be Afraid of the Net Neutrality Repeal
- Four Points That Make 'Last Jedi' So Fascinating
- Consider the Consequences of #BelieveAllWomen