Best State of the Union Analysis: Don't Watch
Last night I finally caught up with “Lucy,” the much-talked-about sci-fi thriller from Luc Besson. I’m a bit of a Besson fan, but I must say that I found the film, to borrow from my eighth-grade gym teacher, not as good as it would have been if it had been a whole lot better than it was. Still, I’m glad I watched. This was part of my strategy for avoiding President Barack Obama’s State of the Union message -- a strategy that also included further study of my favorite long book from last year, Martin Meredith’s absolutely fascinating “The Fortunes of Africa.”
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- 'Gaydar' Shows How Creepy Algorithms Can Get
- Trump, Presidential? Steph Curry Knows Better.
- The NFL Can't Afford to Become a Battleground
- Can We Stop Calling It a 'Muslim Ban' Now?
- In NFL Fight, Trump Embraces Political Correctness
- Dial Down the National Anthem at Sporting Events
- More Sanctions, Fewer Insults Against North Korea