Land of Lincoln Scrounges for Pennies
Illinois's new Republican governor is walking into a big mess. The state's pension system is a disaster, and while legislators have tried to alter the system to make it more affordable, their plan is currently wending its way through the courts and may well be overturned. There's also a backlog of other bills, and the state is paying a premium on its debt because of its fiscal issues. The Land of Lincoln, says Reuters, is "buckling under a chronic structural budget deficit and the lowest credit ratings and worst-funded pension system among the 50 states."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump, Presidential? Steph Curry Knows Better.
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem
- Conservatives and the Rotten Smell of States' Rights
- London's Uber Ban Is a Big Brexit Mistake
- Trump Slams the Brakes on Self-Driving Cars
- Merkel's Lackluster Win Is Good for Germany
- Serving Ice Cream Isn't a Cultural Exchange