Wooing Sri Lanka From China's Embrace
Is Sri Lanka the next Myanmar? After the stunning ouster of strongman Mahinda Rajapaksa in last week's elections, another small, strategically vital Asian nation would appear to have rejected China's embrace. Whether the U.S. and India can exploit this opportunity, however, will depend on whether they recognize what's unique about Sri Lanka.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Trump-Russia Probe Is About to Get Uglier
- Trump Is a No-Show in the Fight Against Opioids
- Star Wars' Gross Galactic Product Problem
- The U.S. Has Way Too Many Secrets
- An Expert's Guide to Navigating the World of Bitcoin
- Trump Might Have Already Created Some Jobs
- The Tax Bill Is Bad for Homeowners, Good for Landlords