Slumping Wages Won't Bring Deflation
The decline of wage growth was the most puzzling aspect of this morning’s otherwise strong U.S. jobs report. Based on the entirety of recent macroeconomic data, this is more likely to be a short-term blip than a harbinger of damaging deflation. But it does point to stubborn and deep-rooted challenges that still confront the U.S. economy.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Strikes a False Note at the United Nations
- The Consequences of the U.S. Baby Bust
- Republicans Peddle Nonsense to Sell Health-Care Plan
- Bet With Buffett, Not Against Him
- The Constitution Is Passing the Trump Stress Test
- Wanted: Russia Experts, No Expertise Required
- We Didn't Normalize Trump. We Normalized the Left's Violence.