Catch of the Day: Imagining a Mario Cuomo Presidency
The Catch goes to Jonathan Ladd, who points out that a Mario Cuomo presidency beginning in 1993 would have disappointed liberals. I agree. On policy, at least, it would have been difficult to distinguish the hypothetical Cuomo presidency from the actual Bill Clinton presidency. By 1993, we were solidly into the era of the partisan presidency, and so party, rather than person, would have determined any administration's policies.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's 'Fake News Awards' Have a Sinister Subtext
- Not Even Trump Can Obliterate America's Soft Power
- Donald Trump's Incomparable Approval Ratings
- The Overlooked Economics of Trump's Tax Law
- The Picture Gets a Little Darker for Republicans
- Amazon's Utterly Predictable Game of Musical Chairs
- Republicans Are Barely Trying to Avoid a Shutdown