British supermarkets, caught in a price war that's seen two upstart German discounters steal market share month after month, have decided that if you can't beat them on quality, you might as well join them on bargains. But this is a suicidal strategy that fails to acknowledge the changing nature of the food retailing in the U.K.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- 'Gaydar' Shows How Creepy Algorithms Can Get
- Trump, Presidential? Steph Curry Knows Better.
- The NFL Can't Afford to Become a Battleground
- Can We Stop Calling It a 'Muslim Ban' Now?
- In NFL Fight, Trump Embraces Political Correctness
- Dial Down the National Anthem at Sporting Events
- More Sanctions, Fewer Insults Against North Korea