The Next Big Thing Isn't at CES
The narrative surrounding the Las Vegas Consumer Electronics Show this year is about hardware makers looking for new revenue drivers. The consumer electronics industry only posted 1 percent growth last year, after shrinking by 1 percent in 2013. It is stagnating without new devices such as the laptop in the late 1980s or the iPod in 2001. So what could be the next breakthrough device?
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- 'Gaydar' Shows How Creepy Algorithms Can Get
- Yes, Trump's True Aim Is to Inflame Racial Tensions
- Trump, Presidential? Steph Curry Knows Better.
- The NFL Can't Afford to Become a Battleground
- In NFL Fight, Trump Embraces Political Correctness
- Puerto Rico's American Dream Is Dead
- Can We Stop Calling It a 'Muslim Ban' Now?