Read Stuff, You Should: Lame Ducks and Christmas Rock
Happy Birthday to Joan Severance, 56. Because I’m still bitter the next generation of "The Love Boat" didn’t make it.
Not a lot going on, but still plenty of good stuff:
1. Great Seth Masket item at Pacific Standard on the idea that lame-duck politicians are “unbound.”
2. I hit this on Twitter last week, but glad that Andrew Gelman of the Washington Post did an item about Barack Obama, Cuba and “only Nixon could go to China.”
3. Julia Azari at Mischiefs of Faction on descriptive representation.
4. Ta-Nehisi Coates in the Atlantic on “blue lives matter.”
5. And why not: Tom Nawrocki with an outstanding guide to Christmas rock music. Something for everyone.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor on this story:
Katy Roberts at email@example.com