Republicans' Filibuster Fixation
Counting filibusters is legitimately difficult. But Ed Whelan, in a rejoinder at National Review to both an item of mine and to, well, reality, breaks the first rule of doing this. If Strom Thurmond’s famous record-breaking filibuster wouldn’t count as one under your measure, something’s gone horribly wrong in your analysis.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Numbers Are Really, Really Bad
- Who Has the World's No. 1 Economy? Not the U.S.
- North Korea Is Playing a Longer Game Than the U.S.
- Brexit Talks Are Failing. Somebody Needs to Care.
- China Isn't Fixing Its Flaws
- Authoritarian Cryptocurrencies Are Coming
- Has Trump Fixed the 'Worst Deal Ever'? Kinda, Sorta