Read Stuff, You Should: Obama's Curse of Productivity
Happy Birthday to Michael Jackson (the pitcher, natch), 50.
Let’s go right to the good stuff:
1. Has Barack Obama been a (relatively) unpopular president because he was so productive in his first two years? Seth Masket at Mischiefs of Faction thinks about it.
2. Lydia Bean at the Monkey Cage on why white evangelical voters show up for the midterms.
3. Also at the Monkey Cage: Andrew Gelman tries to understand shifting attitudes about marriage.
4. Essential reading from the Upshot’s Neil Irwin: where the 2 percent inflation target came from.
5. Kevin Drum loses his temper.
6. And a good illustration from Aaron Blake over at the Fix of why caution is always advised when interpreting polling results.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor on this story:
Cameron Abadi at email@example.com