Ritholtz's Reads: Putin's Catch-22 and Beijing's Airpocalypse
My post holiday party, how did I get home from Brooklyn, morning reads:
- Putin on the Fritz (Krugman) see also Checkmate, Putin. Russia’s economy is stuck in a catch-22. (Wonkblog)
- The World Hot Spots You’ve Never Heard of That Could Ruin 2015 (Bloomberg)
- Bond Investors Are Skittish Over Emerging Markets (Dealbook)
- How Obamacare helped Wall Street (MarketWatch) see also The Odd Math of Medical Tests: One Scan, Two Prices, Both High (NYT)
- How Google and Apple Make Their Taxes Disappear (Newsweek)
- Inside Beijing’s airpocalypse – a city made ‘almost uninhabitable’ by pollution (The Guardian)
- Big Idea 2015: This Year, We’ll All Get Raises (Linked In) but see As Robots Grow Smarter, American Workers Struggle to Keep Up (Upshot)
- Some Nonprofits Rake In Millions, But Spend Little On Good Deeds (BuzzFeed)
- The Most Amazing Science Images Of 2014 (io9)
- The pilots of Instagram: beautiful views from the cockpit, violating rules of the air (Quartz)
What are you reading?
S&P 500 Current Sector Weightings (%)
To contact the author on this story:
Barry L Ritholtz at email@example.com
To contact the editor on this story:
Cameron Abadi at firstname.lastname@example.org
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.