Read Stuff, You Should: Messy Process in Congress
Happy birthday to Bill Nighy, 65.
It’s been a long week, and it's not over, at least for the Senate. Let’s get to the good stuff:
1. Interesting post from Jennifer Hadden at the Monkey Cage on the politics of street protests.
2. Stan Collender at Forbes wasn’t happy about the way Congress is handling the bill to fund the government.
3. Good one from Dan Larison at the American Conservative on one of Tail Gunner Ted Cruz's big obstacles on his path to the White House.
4. Lori Montgomery’s Washington Post story about Ron Wyden and the Senate Finance Committee is very good. Parts of it, however, cry out for different interpretations and more information, so be careful about accepting it at face value.
5. I generally agree with Kevin Drum about bipartisanship.
6. And Scott Lemieux at The Week takes apart Democratic regrets over Obamacare.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor on this story:
Max Berley at email@example.com