Terrorist Ransoms Are Still a Mistake
Over the weekend in Yemen, unofficial negotiations to ransom a South African teacher held by terrorists almost succeeded. And they would have, except that they ran into a separate attempt to free an American hostage by use of military force, which failed. In the end, both prisoners, held by al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, were killed.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Anti-Immigration Fervor Is Different This Time
- The Current Sex Panic Harks Back to the Era of Coddling Women
- This Tax Bill Is a Trillion-Dollar Blunder
- Thank Goodness for Donald Trump
- Why Austria's Anti-Immigrant Experiment Is Worth Watching
- Black Voters Lead a Democratic Surge
- How Gavin Newsom Got to Be a Front-Runner