Read Stuff, You Should: No Comeback for Filibusters
Under the weather yesterday, and not sure how much I’ll post today, but I do have at least some of the good stuff:
1. Sarah Binder at the Monkey Cage explains why Republican senators probably won’t rewind the clock on filibusters.
2. In-parties with term-limited presidents don’t stray far for a presidential nominee. Richard Skinner at Mischiefs of Faction looks at the history.
3. Also at MoF, Julia Azari on democracy within the parties.
4. Dylan Matthews at Vox examines Paul Ryan’s sincerity in the anti-poverty fight. He wonders where Ryan stands on the Earned Income Tax Credit.
5. And Dan Drezner at the Washington Post joins the conservation about "Star Wars" and politics.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor on this story:
Max Berley at email@example.com