How to Read the Monthly Jobs Report
Over the years, I have written at length about why the obsession with the monthly nonfarm payrolls report is misplaced (see e.g., this this and this). What matters isn't any single data point, but the trend's direction. And as we have seen since 2010, that trend has been positive. More recently, it has been picking up speed.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem
- Conservatives and the Rotten Smell of States' Rights
- London's Uber Ban Is a Big Brexit Mistake
- Trump Slams the Brakes on Self-Driving Cars
- Serving Ice Cream Isn't a Cultural Exchange
- Trump Has Created Leverage Against Iran. Now He Needs a Closer.
- A Central Bank Puzzle for Our Era: What Gives?