The Curious Case of Mitch McConnell's Genius
Liberals have converged on a consensus about Mitch McConnell and congressional Republicans: The party's rejectionist strategy for dealing with Barack Obama (oppose everything, filibuster everything) has been electorally brilliant yet has cost Republicans when it comes to results on policies. MSNBC’s Steve Benen makes the case today; Vox’s Matt Yglesias has separate posts on the benefits and costs to Republicans from McConnellism.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Donald Trump's Incomparable Approval Ratings
- A North Korea Solution: Take Kim Out of the Loop
- Not Even Trump Can Obliterate America's Soft Power
- Amazon's Utterly Predictable Game of Musical Chairs
- Why Hospitals Aren't in the Drug Business
- The Overlooked Economics of Trump's Tax Law
- Trump's 'Fake News Awards' Have a Sinister Subtext