Taiwan Needs a Reboot
Taiwan President Ma Ying-jeou's pro-China strategy took a harsh rap over the weekend. In island-wide local elections, young voters came out in force to reject Ma's efforts to develop closer ties with the mainland. His ruling Kuomintang, or KMT party lost nine of their 15 city mayor and county chief positions -- and Ma himself lost much of his mandate to promote cross-strait ties in his last two years in office.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Trump-Russia Probe Is About to Get Uglier
- Trump Is a No-Show in the Fight Against Opioids
- Star Wars' Gross Galactic Product Problem
- An Expert's Guide to Navigating the World of Bitcoin
- The U.S. Has Way Too Many Secrets
- Trump Might Have Already Created Some Jobs
- Does Deregulation Move Markets? Be Skeptical