America's Budding Police State
The shameful mockery of judicial process that just transpired in Ferguson, Missouri, is widely viewed as a matter of racial politics. Of course, in one sense, that's right: Race underlies enormous and well-documented inequities in the U.S. criminal justice system. But in another way, it's a pity, because this system now borders on the tyrannical, and ought to scare all Americans, regardless of skin color.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- We Didn't Normalize Trump. We Normalized the Left's Violence.
- Ignore the Bombast. Trump Gave a Conventional Speech
- Trump Strikes a False Note at the United Nations
- Republicans Peddle Nonsense to Sell Health-Care Plan
- What We Still Don't Know About Obama-Era 'Unmasking'
- Why Workers Are Losing to Capitalists
- The Consequences of the U.S. Baby Bust