GDP Counts in War and Peace
A question I often hear people ask is: Why should we care about a country’s total gross domestic product? After all, India has a total GDP many times that of the Netherlands, but the Netherlands has a much higher standard of living. Shouldn’t we concern ourselves only with per capita GDP -- or some other more accurate measure like median per capita income?
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem
- Conservatives and the Rotten Smell of States' Rights
- London's Uber Ban Is a Big Brexit Mistake
- Trump Slams the Brakes on Self-Driving Cars
- Serving Ice Cream Isn't a Cultural Exchange
- Trump Has Created Leverage Against Iran. Now He Needs a Closer.
- GOP Health-Care Bill Is Fair to All States