Read Stuff, You Should: When Polls Stampede
Happy Birthday to Stephen Root, 63.
Back to the good stuff:
1. Terrific Dahlia Lithwick column at The New Republic pleading for more diversity on the Supreme Court.
2. At The New West, Julia Azari on mandates and congressional elections.
3. David Broockman and Joshua Kalla at Vox look at how campaigns are doing it wrong on field organizing.
4. Just how bad is local campaign coverage -- and what’s going to happen next? CJR’s Deron Lee and Greg Marx discuss. Such an important topic.
5. Nate Silver on pollster herding. Outliers are a problem when the media pays attention to one poll and ignores polling averages, but herding damages the usefulness of those polling averages.
6. James Pethokoukis of the American Enterprise Institute on how conservatives should think about tax cuts.
7. Paul Krugman of the New York Times on when government gets it right.
8. And Ed Kilgore at the Washington Monthly has fun at the expense of Peggy Noonan.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor on this story:
Max Berley at firstname.lastname@example.org