Read Stuff, You Should: Welcome Back, Congress
Happy Birthday to Juan Perez, 28. He almost hit the most unlikely home run in World Series history; he had to settle for perhaps the most unlikely double. Will be remembered by all Giants fans.
Congress is back? We really need the good stuff:
1. Sarah Binder at the Monkey Cage explains why Republican leader Mitch McConnell isn’t going to fix the Senate, even if he wants to.
2. Nathan Jensen at the Monkey Cage tells us what political scientists who specialize in international affairs think of the U.S. airstrikes in Iraq and Syria.
3. While Dan Drezner at the Washington Post discusses what President Barack Obama brings home from China.
4. James Fallows at the Atlantic also comments on the China-U.S. climate deal.
5. Danielle Belton at The Root has it right: The best and simplest way to improve voter participation is to get rid of voter registration.
6. And is the government about to come clean about a conspiracy to cover up the presence of space aliens among us? Marc Ambinder on why some think it is -- and why alien conspiracy theories are both entertaining and interesting.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor on this story:
Max Berley at firstname.lastname@example.org