Go Home, Congress. You're Done.
“Democrats relinquishing the Senate have outlined an ambitious agenda for the lame-duck session,” reports the Boston Globe. The Democrats are “likely to have bold plans for the lame duck,” says NBC News. Lots and lots of business is evidently being packed into the brief window between the Nov. 4 election and Jan. 3, when the next Congress is sworn-in. That’s too bad. Lame-duck sessions, absent national emergency, are actually a very bad idea.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This Tax Bill Is a Trillion-Dollar Blunder
- Thank Goodness for Donald Trump
- How Gavin Newsom Got to Be a Front-Runner
- Trump Could Actually Make Democracy Great Again. Don't Scoff.
- Don't Be Afraid of the Net Neutrality Repeal
- Consider the Consequences of #BelieveAllWomen
- 2017 Was Bad for Facebook. 2018 Will Be Worse.