Ritholtz's Reads: Have a Doughnut
It was a heck of a week. Settle into your favorite easy chair, pour yourself a hot cup of joe and enjoy our longer-form weekend reads:
- Dell's Life After Wall Street (NY Times)
- Tony Robbins, The CEO Whisperer: When no one was looking, Tony Robbins went from infomercial pitchman to C-suite coach. Now captains of industry and finance pay him seven-figures for his wisdom. (Fortune)
- Shareholder Value Maximization: The World's Dumbest Idea? (CFA Institute)
- Jon Stewart on 16 Years of The Daily Show and His Directorial Debut 'Rosewater' (NY Mag)
- Dunkin and the Doughnut King: Ted Ngoy overcame poverty and escaped genocide, made a fortune off doughnuts and gambled it all away. Today, Ngoy is back on top -- but America's biggest doughnut chain could threaten the hundreds of California shops that are his legacy. (California Sunday)
- Health Tip: Find Purpose in Life (The Atlantic)
- The Most Fascinating Profile You'll Ever Read About a Guy and His Boring Startup (Wired)
- The Birth of the Internet Troll (Gizmodo) see also The Creepy New Wave of the Internet (New York Review of Books)
- Carry That Weight: A glimpse into the life of the seventh-strongest man on the strongman circuit (Grantland) see also Getting Better at Getting Better: How the "performance revolution" came to athletics (New Yorker)
- The Man Who Got America High: He chartered the Rolling Stones and Grateful Dead in private jets, while smuggling planeloads of Pablo Escobar's drugs on the side. (Narratively)
We Are Bad At Guessing Everything!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Israel's First 70 Years Have Surprised the World
- New Threat to the U.S.: the Axis of Autocracy
- Comey Seems Blind to the Truth About Lying
- Trump Is Not Nixon and North Korea Is Not China
- Republicans Protecting Trump? Actually, It's Worse
- Israel Survives Because of an Iron Will and an Iron Wall
- Germany Has a New Anti-Semitism Problem