Ritholtz's Reads: The Economics of Uber
We're midway through the week. Will this torrid rally take a breather or is the snapback just an oversold bounce? We'll explore in our morning reads:
- The Timeless Allure of Stock-Market Timers (Barron's)
- The Stock Market Bottomed Ten Days Ago (Irrelevant Investor) see also Why Americans Will Believe Anything You Tell Them, in One Chart (Businessweek)
- The Worst Possible Case for the Worst Possible Idea, the Gold Standard (WonkBlog)
- The Downside to Stock Buybacks: There Could Be Better Uses for the Money (WSJ)
- Facts and Rubbish About Bank Leverage Ratios (Medium) see also Europe's Banks Are Too Feeble to Spur Growth (FT)
- Is (Teaching) Economics Doing More Harm Than Good? (Brian Lucey)
- Where Did the Deepwater Horizon Oil Go? To Davy Jones' Locker at the Bottom of the Sea (National Science Foundation)
- In Search of Uber's Unicorn (Slate) see also Ubering While Black (Medium)
- Why Google Wants to Replace Gmail (Computer World)
- Flying Car Approaches Liftoff as Most Advanced Prototype Yet Is Unveiled (The Guardian)
What are you wearing to your Halloween party?
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Barry L Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org