Ritholtz's Reads: The Economy's New Normal
My morning reads:
- James Montier: Maximizing Shareholder Value Is the Dumbest Idea in the World (Business Insider)
- My (Somewhat Tepid) Defense of Hedge Funds (AQR Capital) but see Seeking Clarity Within the Hedge Fund Mirage (Brandes Inst)
- The Marijuana Industry Could Be Bigger Than the NFL by 2020 (Washington Post)
- Housel: How to Learn From Market Mistakes (WSJ)
- The World's Biggest Economic Problem: Deflation in the Euro Zone Is All Too Close and Extremely Dangerous (The Economist) see also Is Economic Growth Permanently Lower? (FT)
- Texas Highways Deadliest as Anti-Tax State Curbs Roadwork (Bloomberg)
- When iPhones Ring, the Economy Listens (NY Times)
- The Secret History Behind the Science of Stress (NPR)
- What Happens to Our Brains When We Exercise and How It Makes Us Happier (Fast Company)
- Apple iTunes Sees Big Drop in Music Sales (WSJ)
What are you reading?
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Barry L Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org