Read Stuff, You Should: Running on Obamacare
Happy Birthday to Robert Clotworthy, 59.
Well, we're through the travel day, and play resumes tonight. Perhaps that's why there's so much of the good stuff:
1. "Is an old boys' club always sexist?" Chris Karpowitz and Tali Mendelberg share their research.
2. Scott Lemieux on Barack Obama as a mainstream liberal Democrat (my wording; he goes with "moderate liberal Democrat," but I think we agree).
3. Nice look at the not-so-scary border situation from my View colleague Francis Wilkinson
4. Elaine Kamarck on Obamacare and the 2014 and 2016 elections.
5. Plenty of action on nominations expected in the lame-duck Senate. Sahil Kapur explains.
6. Yes, some Democrats' campaigns are embracing the Affordable Care Act; Greg Sargent has the details.
7. Ross Douthat on the missing conservative media. I agree somewhat, but the differences in audiences aren't a function of something inherent to liberals or conservatives or media strategies, but at least partially the consequence of 40-plus years of Republican claims that the "neutral" media is biased against them.
8. Dave Weigel catalogs the "four kinds of political Ebola panic."
9. And a World Series item: Ken Davidoff on the changing Giants roster.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor on this story:
Max Berley at email@example.com
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.