The Fed's Inflation Jedi Mind Trick
Inflation expectations have been falling for months, and that has some people worried. They say that the Federal Reserve should raise those expectations, which would bring real interest rates down and encourage people and businesses to spend money. I'm not going to pass judgment here on whether the worriers are right; I've already said my piece on why raising inflation rates isn't a sensible goal for the Fed.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Anti-Immigration Fervor Is Different This Time
- The Current Sex Panic Harks Back to the Era of Coddling Women
- This Tax Bill Is a Trillion-Dollar Blunder
- Thank Goodness for Donald Trump
- Why Austria's Anti-Immigrant Experiment Is Worth Watching
- Black Voters Lead a Democratic Surge
- How Gavin Newsom Got to Be a Front-Runner