Hedge-Fund Guys at the Gate
Never has techland felt the influence of activist investors so acutely, with a Who's Who of hedge-fund luminaries transforming the investing landscape. Jesse Cohn of Elliott Management is pushing EMC to spin off VMWare. Dan Loeb reshaped Yahoo's board and installed Marissa Mayer as chief executive, and now Starboard Value wants to break up the company. Value Act's Jeffrey Ubben pushed Steve Ballmer out of Microsoft. And Carl Icahn has been an agitator in the industry for the past seven years.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This Tax Bill Is a Trillion-Dollar Blunder
- Thank Goodness for Donald Trump
- How Gavin Newsom Got to Be a Front-Runner
- Trump Could Actually Make Democracy Great Again. Don't Scoff.
- Don't Be Afraid of the Net Neutrality Repeal
- Consider the Consequences of #BelieveAllWomen
- 2017 Was Bad for Facebook. 2018 Will Be Worse.