A Dirty Endorsement May Clean Up Politics
The political world is all atwitter over the decision by the Denver Post, in most years a reliably Democratic newspaper, to endorse Republican Cory Gardner for the Senate seat currently held by Mark Udall. Democrats are not happy. Former Senator Gary Hart blasted the choice as “one of the worst endorsement decisions, not only by the Denver Post but by any serious newspaper, in my lifetime.” An essay in the New Republic called the endorsement “baffling, because the Post doesn’t agree with Gardner on almost any issue.”
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This Tax Bill Is a Trillion-Dollar Blunder
- Thank Goodness for Donald Trump
- 2017 Was Bad for Facebook. 2018 Will Be Worse.
- How Gavin Newsom Got to Be a Front-Runner
- Consider the Consequences of #BelieveAllWomen
- Don't Be Afraid of the Net Neutrality Repeal
- Trump Could Actually Make Democracy Great Again. Don't Scoff.