Nobel for Charles Barkley of Economics
I managed to call this year's Economics Nobel correctly. Actually, it wasn't difficult. Jean Tirole is a name uttered so frequently in the field that the most surprising thing about his Nobel win today was that he hadn't won the prize already. That's how the Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel works -- it's usually a lifetime achievement award rather than an award for a specific innovation or discovery.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- We Didn't Normalize Trump. We Normalized the Left's Violence.
- The Next Crisis Will Start in Silicon Valley
- Trump's Terrible Numbers Are a Little Less Terrible
- Trump Takes a (Calculated) Risk on Immigration
- Ignore the Bombast. Trump Gave a Conventional Speech
- The Numbers Show Silicon Valley Is Already Fading
- Not Driving to Work Is the Hot New High-End Job Perk