What Terrifies Putin's Gang? Gossip Magazines
Given Russian President Vladimir Putin's anti-Western stance and his record of stamping out domestic opposition, it would be logical to suppose his backers are trying to ban foreign ownership of Russian media to silence the few independent news outlets that still operate in Moscow, such as the Russian edition of Forbes magazine and the daily Vedomosti, a joint venture of Dow Jones and the U.K.-based Pearson, publisher of the Financial Times.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Falls on Ceremony. He Should Stop Trying.
- Who Has the World's No. 1 Economy? Not the U.S.
- Richard Spencer Has Only Himself to Blame for Hecklers
- Sorry, President Trump. You're No Chester A. Arthur.
- Russia Is Using Marxist Strategies, and So Is Trump
- Trump's Numbers Are Really, Really Bad
- Nafta Gets a Welcome Reprieve