Even Ignorant Cops Have to Follow the Law
You don’t need to go to law school to know that ignorance of the law is no excuse -- for you. But what about the cops? This morally significant question opens the U.S. Supreme Court term today, as the justices consider whether to admit evidence obtained after a traffic stop that was based on an erroneous but reasonable interpretation of the law.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump, Presidential? Steph Curry Knows Better.
- 'Gaydar' Shows How Creepy Algorithms Can Get
- China Could Seize a Bit of the Skies
- Merkel's Lackluster Win Is Good for Germany
- More Sanctions, Fewer Insults Against North Korea
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem
- Conservatives and the Rotten Smell of States' Rights