The Cost of Cleanliness
Last week, India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi shared a stage with actor Hugh Jackman in New York's Central Park at the Global Citizen Festival concert. Breaking from his usual practice of speaking in Hindi, Modi spoke in English for seven minutes largely about the importance of sanitation and cleanliness. In fact, his frequent calls for India to provide all its people with access to toilets -- which half of them currently lack -- are what had earned him the invitation in the first place.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Falls on Ceremony. He Should Stop Trying.
- Who Has the World's No. 1 Economy? Not the U.S.
- Richard Spencer Has Only Himself to Blame for Hecklers
- Sorry, President Trump. You're No Chester A. Arthur.
- Russia Is Using Marxist Strategies, and So Is Trump
- Trump's Numbers Are Really, Really Bad
- Nafta Gets a Welcome Reprieve