ECB Drops Anchor as Deflation Looms
European Central Bank President Mario Draghi has disappointed investors and economists by failing to detail the size of the expansion he's seeking in the central bank's balance sheet. This much is clear from today's investment bank research reports. Parsing Draghi's comments from yesterday, as his favorite inflation measure fell to a record today, raises the chilling prospect thatit may already be too late to avert deflation in the euro region -- and that he knows it.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- We Didn't Normalize Trump. We Normalized the Left's Violence.
- The Next Crisis Will Start in Silicon Valley
- Trump's Terrible Numbers Are a Little Less Terrible
- Trump Takes a (Calculated) Risk on Immigration
- Ignore the Bombast. Trump Gave a Conventional Speech
- The Numbers Show Silicon Valley Is Already Fading
- Not Driving to Work Is the Hot New High-End Job Perk