Ritholtz's Reads: It's All About Jobs
There are lots of cross-currents these days and the market are starting to get squirrely but don't worry. We have your morning train reads:
- Job Woes Linger in 29 States as U.S. Recovers Unevenly (Bloomberg) see also Jobs, Outliers and Elections (Statistical Ideas)
- A NYC Wealth Management Firm Created a Super Cheap Way for Young People to Get Professional Investment Help (Business Insider)
- Six things investors need to know about October (USA Today) see also And the Rest of the Year (TRB)
- Detailing Financial Links of Doctors and Drug Makers (NY Times)
- The Psychology Behind Costco's Free Samples (The Atlantic)
- D.C. Mystery: Jeff Bezos' Plan for the Washington Post (Politico)
- Why People Believe Things You Don't Believe (boingboing)
- The Greatest Job Perk You've Never Heard of: "Pre-cation" (Slate)
- Forget Ebola. That's Not the Virus That Should Terrify Americans (Quartz)
- Einstein's "Time Dilation" Prediction Verified (SciAm)
What are you reading?
Can Americans Afford to Start Borrowing Again?
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Barry L Ritholtz at email@example.com