Will Republicans Bring Back the Filibuster?
Eric Holder has announced his resignation and President Barack Obama needs a new attorney general. As Byron York notes, one option would be to nominate Secretary of Labor Thomas Perez and push for confirmation during the lame-duck session of Congress. Perez would probably be defeated by a party-line vote after the next Senate is seated in January, at least if Republicans win a majority. York is probably correct; Perez was confirmed for labor on a party-line vote.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Trump-Russia Probe Is About to Get Uglier
- Trump Is a No-Show in the Fight Against Opioids
- Star Wars' Gross Galactic Product Problem
- An Expert's Guide to Navigating the World of Bitcoin
- The U.S. Has Way Too Many Secrets
- Trump Might Have Already Created Some Jobs
- Does Deregulation Move Markets? Be Skeptical