Guess What's Holding Back Housing
During the U.S. housing boom, real-estate appraisers acted like deal-enablers rather than valuation experts. Indeed, inflated appraisals were a key ingredient in the erosion of mortgage-lending standards that led to the housing bust. Now we are seeing the opposite -- low appraisals -- with unwelcome consequences for the housing market.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Is Helping To Make Elites Great Again
- No One Wants Your Used Clothes Anymore
- Palestinian President Shows the World Who He Really Is
- Sorry, Bitcoin Fans. Digital Currency Is Still a Dream.
- After Trump and Brexit, Italy Falls for Nostalgia
- New U.S. Tax Rules Are a Gift to Europe
- Larry Fink’s Warning to CEOs Rings Hollow