Read Stuff, You Should: Biden's Future in Politics
Happy Birthday to Anthony Mackie, 36.
Thirteen innings of Giants/Dodgers in the last week of the season, when it means something to both teams? Yes, please. But for those who don't care, there's also the good stuff:
1. Julia Azari sets the question of Vice President Joe Biden in the context of Stephen Skowronek's idea of political time. Worth reading, even for those of us who are skeptical of the utility of Skowronek's idea.
2. Seth Masket on polling outliers.
3. While John Sides sees what Senate forecast models have in common.
4. How do the latest premium increases compare with pre-Affordable Care Act numbers? Margot Sanger-Katz puts it in context.
5. How many Americans are fighting for Islamic State? Fewer than some have claimed. Spencer Ackerman reports.
6. How important was getting the lead out? Kevin Drum keeps one of his favorite stories going and looks at incarceration rates.
7. E.J. Graff looks (again) at "Lean In" and the broader place of today's feminism.
8. Ronald Brownstein on the volatile Senate.
9. And perhaps the greatest Frank Luntz story ever, from Dave McKenna.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor on this story:
Max Berley at email@example.com