Read Stuff, You Should: Off to the Horse Races
Happy Birthday to Joan Jett, 56.
Here's the good stuff:
1. Sarah Binder on who loses when Congress governs by continuing resolution.
3. Philip Klein on the irresistible media urge toward the most basic horse race coverage.
4. Good takedown of Ted Cruz's Islamic State policy, from Peter Beinart. Well, "policy" is an exaggeration; better would be "irresponsible demagogic rhetoric." No surprise, Cruz calls for measures that the administration isn't considering, and doesn't worry about whether they would make things better or worse.
5. Cass Sunstein on the value of counterfactual history.
6. And Alex Massie sums up the Scotland referendum and looks ahead.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor on this story:
Max Berley at email@example.com