Air Force Removes God From Chain of Command
Score one for the secular humanists. The U.S. Air Force announced this week that it is dropping the "So help me, God" coda to its oath of enlistment. The phrase will also no longer be mandatory in oaths administered when officers are commissioned. The catalyst for the change: a suit filed on behalf of an atheist airman who crossed out the words when he filed to re-enlist.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Re-Election Edge Is Greatly Exaggerated
- We Libertarians Were Really Wrong About School Vouchers
- Trump's Numbers Guy Isn't Great With Numbers
- Trump's First Nine Months? 5 Out of 10
- Piketty's Inequality Theory Gets Dinged
- Stick With Numbers When Judging Trump's Rally
- The New Populism Isn't About Economics