Read Stuff, You Should: Obama's War
Happy Birthday to Amy Poehler, 43.
To the good stuff:
1. Seth Masket on "wave" elections.
2. How Barack Obama is a bit like Ike; Julia Azari reads his Islamic State speech.
3. Matt Yglesias teaches how to vote in contested U.S. federal elections.
4. Kevin Drum on what Obama has learned about foreign policy.
5. Ed Kilgore piles on, bringing his Southern perspective to why Tom Frank is, well, wrong.
6. "What the Poverty Rate Tells Us About the Overall Economy," from Jared Bernstein.
7. Nice David Wasserman look at the partisan diversity gap in Congress.
8. The case for open borders, explained by Dylan Matthews, who interviews Bryan Caplan.
9. And Jonathan Chait argues that Bill Clinton's political genius is overrated. I agree with much of what he says ... but coming from nowhere to become a governor and then winning a presidential nomination? That didn't happen by accident.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor on this story:
Max Berley at email@example.com