Read Stuff, You Should: Obama's War
Happy Birthday to Gaylord Perry, 76. Yeah, I grew up during Vietnam, and I was starting to pay closer attention to the news during Watergate, but I suspect that my ability to trust authority figures was damaged more by the Perry/McDowell trade.
Another week, more good stuff:
1. Read Andrew Rudalevige on war powers and Barack Obama.
2. Michelle Schwarze thinks through what Adam Smith would say about Scotland going its own way.
3. Adrianna McIntyre on the debate over over-the-counter contraception.
4. Colorado is mailing it in -- the election, that is. Reid Wilson reports.
5. And Richard Skinner on the politics of crime.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor on this story:
Max Berley at firstname.lastname@example.org